Monday 3 January 2011

2011, Winterval, Spending and Europe

Ahhhh so the new year is here. It has come around so damn quickly, it seems like so little time ago that I was seeing in 2010 with a bunch of nearest and dearest at Heneage, then the rest of final year, then graduation. The last 4 months especially have raced past, I can't believe that I've been at Ocado for that long, but I'm really getting into the stride of things. The last few shifts I haven't even noticed the heaviness of the shopping, weight is dropping off me left, right and centre and I can normally gain around an hour on a shift by working quicker than my route plan, which means I finish work earlier and still get paid for the full 8 hours.

The holidays weren't too shabby this year, if a little dull. At Uni it was always exciting to be home for a few days and see the family etc, but in no offensive way the buzz isn't really there when you're living at home again. New Year was alright, small party-type affair at Frampton's. Drank shitloads but didn't get that drunk, and so I felt mugged off when I woke up with a filthy, disgusting hangover on January 1st! No fair!! The time off work was good though, ended up working 2/9 days which was cool. Still, back to the norm as of this morning. Slightly concerned though as in the run up to Christmas I had all good routes, and have done since. I am so overdue and absolutely horrendous London route. I know it is coming, just never can be sure when...

Finally splashed out and bought the new Call of Duty this afternoon. It is probably a good thing but I seem to have issues with spending money nowadays. I go to buy something and then always end up dilly-dallying over whether or not I actually need it and more often than not will resist the urge to spoil myself. End up getting impulse urges and just splashing out after a while, which is what happened today. Nearly went way over the top and (almost) bought a 32" HDTV but then sense got the best of me and I didn't. That said, I have my quarterly bonus coming this month sometime and I feel at least a portion of that must be wasted on something!!

The most exciting thing keeping me going is mine and Tamps' Eurotrip in the spring. 9 days, 4 countries, about 1800 miles and a few placement folk to visit. It is gonna be awesome, almost what one could describe as a 'holiday'! Really excited about it and now that Christmas and the like is out of the way I can finally start to get properly excited about it. Will certainly be the best Wilko & Tamps Adventure yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment